With the holidays right on top of us there won't be any more work done until the New Year, but I'm hoping to have the engine in the car by the end of January. That'll require a new rear subframe, as the old one was bent (possibly from stints in autocross) and had a number of modifications made to it over the years to accept different engines. The new subframe is already in the works though, so we've got a good idea of how much effort is left there.
I've scrapped the plan to attend the double driver's school in Savannah next February. There's just not enough time to get the car done and actually enjoy the process. Instead of rushing through it, I'm going to try to finish in time to attend driver's schools at Daytona in April and Homestead in June. It's disappointing to move those dates back, but it's also a bit easier on the wallet to spread out the cost of rebuilding over four more months instead of just one. We're still feeling the sting from the purchase of a helmet and HANS device at the Turkey Trot last month.
No comments:
Post a Comment