Monday, April 27, 2009

Moving Forward...

... after a lot of progress in the engine bay, it's nearly time to move on! With the newly fabricated and freshly powder coated rear subframe in, the chassis is nearly complete, with only some access panels and suspension pickups to install.

The engine is at home on newly fabricated front and rear mounts, water and oil are plumbed, and the sprocket carrier and chain are back on.

We still have some fabrication work to do to repair the front and rear suspension, and in the meantime I'm planning on getting the electrical started. I'm using a Yoshimura race harness, so I expect some work to get it properly retrofitted to this car. The AiM MyChron3 was fairly easy to install in Dad's Mk25 w/ GSX-R, so I don't expect any problems there.

A set of LeGrand magnesium wheels went to a local shop for soda blasting to remove the pink paint. I know that was one of Kenny's trademarks, but I'm going in a different direction with the car.

No comments: