Thursday, August 14, 2008

Some Assembly Required

Spent a couple of hours cleaning the front of the tub up last night. Lots of rust from the steel bulkheads and lots of dirt. After some grinding and a can of metal polish, the inside areas where the new parts will go are now clean and ready.

The sheet metal arrived yesterday. It may have been expensive to ship, but it got here quickly - less than 48 hours from Atlanta, and that was UPS ground. We're going to Orlando after work to cut and lay out the new pedal box, front cover, and leg rest to that I can get them to Teknifab first thing tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

dsrviola said...

Hey Casey,

I look forward to seeing your progress on your "new" Mk25. I spent my teens working on my Dad's Mk18. I'm in contact with the current owner of the car, and I hope to some day get it back to finally drive it myself.