With the engine out, the car went onto the stand so that teardown and repair can continue. The front suspension came off, as well as some of the damaged sheet metal around the foot box. The car is starting to look pretty bare, which is a good thing at this point.
On the list for this week is to tear down the rear suspension and remove some modifications made to the roll hoop assembly by the previous owner. I'd also like to get the old tires off the rims and find a local aviation shop to media blast the pink paint off of them. Also need to head over to a machine shop I've used in the past and see how good they are with bending sheet 6061.
I'm still a bit more optimistic than Dad that we'll have the car together with time to spare before the double driver's school in Savannah next year.
I'm still a bit more optimistic than Dad that we'll have the car together with time to spare before the double driver's school in Savannah next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment