Last night I didn't get to do much besides vacuum some debris out and take some extraneous bits off of the car. I couldn't resist the urge to polish one small section of the tub to see how it would come out - not too shabby!
Now the process of rebuilding the car begins in earnest. The first major task is to get the old Kawasaki ZX10 out of the engine bay. A couple of hours were spent this afternoon taking out auxillary equipment - oil reservoir, surge tank, remote oil filter, oil cooler, the accompanying oil lines, exhaust, etc. Dad warned me that the oil is never completely out of the system, and he's right - it's been pretty messy so far.
There's no fuel or coolant in the car, so the engine is almost ready to come out. I'd like to have that done by the end of the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment